OVERVIEWEvery day, Future Group brings multiple products, opportunities and services to millions of customers in India. Through more than over 21 million square feet of retail space, we serve customers in more than 250 cities across the country. Most of all, we help India shop, save and realize dreams and aspirations to live a better quality of life every day.
Future Group understands the soul of Indian consumers. As one of India's retail pioneers with multiple retail formats, we connect a diverse and passionate community of Indian buyers, sellers and businesses. The collective impact on business is staggering: Almost 500 million customers walk into our stores each year and choose products and services supplied by over 30,000 small, medium and large entrepreneurs and manufacturers from across India. And this number is set to grow.
Future Group employs around 55,000 people directly from every section of our society. We source our supplies from enterprises across the country, creating fresh employment, impacting livelihoods, empowering local communities and fostering mutual growth.
We believe in the 'Indian dream' and have aligned our business practices to our larger objective of being a premier catalyst in India's consumption-led growth story. Working towards this end, we are ushering positive socio-economic changes in communities to help the Indian dream fly high and the 'Sone Ki Chidiya' soar once again. This approach remains embedded in our ethos even as we rapidly expand our footprints deeper into India.
- Bare Casuals
- Cover Story
- Daniel Hecher
- DJ & C
- Indigo Nation
- Jealous 21 - Shopping portal
- John Miller
- Lee Cooper
- Mother Earth
- Rig - Utility Clothing
- Urban Yoga
- Desi Atta Company
- Golden Harvest
- Premium Harvest
- Sangis Kitchen
- Tasty Traet
- Veg Affaire
- Go Bananas
- Baker Street
- Big Bazaar
Our BeliefsFuture Group was founded on a simple idea: Rewrite Rules, Retain Values. This fundamental belief created a new kind of marketplace, forever transforming Indian retail. Today our core values continue to guide how we do business and improve the quality of life of the people we serve.
- We share the vision and belief that our customers and stakeholders shall be served only by creating and executing future scenarios in the consumption space leading to economic development.
- We will be the trendsetters in evolving delivery formats and making consumption affordable for all customer segments – for classes and for masses.
- We shall infuse Indian brands with confidence and renewed ambition.
- We shall be efficient, cost- conscious and committed to quality in whatever we do.
- We shall ensure that our positive attitude, sincerity, humility and united determination shall be the driving force to make us successful.
- RESPECT AND HUMILITY in dealing with everyone within and outside the organisation
- FLOW by constantly learning and being inspired from the universal laws of nature
- INDIANNESS by believing in oneself and doing things the Indian way
- INTROSPECTION for continuous learning, self-development and personal excellence
- OPENNESS AND ADAPTABILITY by accepting new ideas and knowledge, and being proactive in meeting challenges emerging from changing business scenarios
- VALUING AND NURTURING RELATIONSHIPS with customers, business associates, stakeholders, communities and the society
- LEADERSHIP in thought and in business
- SIMPLICITY AND POSITIVITY to foster innovation, speed and imagination
Kishore Biyani | Group CEO, Future Group
As the Founder and Group CEO of Future Group, Kishore leads a leadership team that delivers on Future Group’s vision of playing the role of a catalyst in India’s development through consumption of value-added products.
Having started his entreopreneurial journey in the 1980s in the fashion and garments sector, in 2001, Kishore led the creation of Big Bazaar, a uniquely Indian hypermarket network that connects thousands of small and large manufacturers to millions of customers. Big Bazaar today is counted among the most trusted brands in the services sector in India.
Since then, a number of retail chains have become part of Future Group. Some of these include, Central, Brand Factory, EasyDay, Nilgiris, Heritage, Hypercity, Aadhaar and Home Town. These chains connect thousands of small, medium and large manufacturers and entrepreneurs with over a million customers every day in almost every state and 255 cities and thousands of rural locations.
Through this period, Kishore has also led the creation of a number of consumer goods brands in the fashion, food and FMCG sector, that now capture a significant share of sales across the group’s retail chains. The group has invested extensively in manufacturing, sourcing of agricultural produce, logistics networks, food processing facilities and in a large number of supply partners and entrepreneurs.
Valuing and nurturing relationships is a key value championed by Kishore and reflects in the strong partnerships the group has developed with entrepreneurs, developers, investors, service providers and domestic and foreign organizations across various industries.
Kishore is a firm believer in the maxim of ‘Rewrite Rules, Retain Values.’ He was born in Mumbai in 1961. In 2007, he authored the book, ‘It Happened in India.’ Kishore and his wife, Sangita have two daughters, Ashni and Avni.
A new normal is being defined in the Indian consumer market every day. With far-reaching socio-economic changes that India has undergone in the last decade, the drivers in urban and rural India are maturing fast.With a growth strategy tempered with localization and an inclusive business model, Future Group is an intergarted consumer goods organization that offers a wide range of consumer goods brands that are distributed through its own retail network that are spread in every state of the country.
Our intergrated consumer goods play captures almost the entire end to end value chain in the food, FMCG and fashion sectors. As modern retail drives new demand, efficiency and consumption in new categories, our strategy is based on our deep understanding of Indian consumers. We understand the varied buying behaviour of the Indian consumer across regional diversities, ethnicities, professional groups, and are constantly innovating to craft strategies that address the subtle differences.
Future Group's strategy is aimed at achieving inclusive, sustained and profitable growth with three levers
The bottom line in each of our retail success stories is "know your customer". Insights into the soul of Indian consumers - how they operate, think, dream and line - helps us innovate and create differentiating functionally.
As India's leading integrated consumer goods organization, we understand the importance of innovation. We integrate data science, technology, design thinking and deep consumer insights to cater to the fast changing needs and aspirations of India’s diverse consumer goods
Creating a collaborative environment combining our strengths with our suppliers and vendors helps us create immense value for our customers which in turn fosters matual growth.
We believe that modern Indian retail rests on the strength of two pillars – scale and efficiencies. As front-runners in both areas, we firmly believe our core responsibility lies in providing protection to customers from the overall rate of inflation. While the scale and size of our operations helps us improve efficiencies, it also ensures we deliver greater value to our customers.
Our retail thrust is focussed on four principal verticals of Food, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home. These four categories together account for nearly 65% of the consumption in the country and represent mass consumer aspirations. Acknowledging this, we are creating retail pure play through divestment and demerger of non-retail businesses to concentrate our efforts on these verticals.
India's retail boom is being driven by resurgence in the economy. Modern retail still has around 6% share of the total retail spend in the country, that is estimated at around US $ 400 billion. Thus, the potential for modern retail growth in India is huge. Currently, leading retailers in mature markets occupy the top three slots by turnover, employment and value creation. As the Indian economy matures, it is upon us to make the same happen in our country.
- 'Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year in Men's Western Wear' – 17TH Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards Indigo Nation was awarded the Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year in Men's Western Wear, at the India Fashion Forum.
- 'Most Admired Brand of the Year – New Launch' – 17TH Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards CoverStory was awarded the Most Admired Brand of the Year – New Launch, at the India Fashion Forum.
- 'Most Admired Multi Fashion Retailer of the Year' – 17TH Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards Brand Factory's recent 'Free Weekend Sale' won them the Most Admired Multi Fashion Retailer of the Year award, at the India Fashion Forum.
- 'Design Concept of the Year – Theme Store' – 17TH Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards Central in High Definition was awarded the Design Concept of the Year – Theme Store, at the India Fashion Forum.
- 'Most Admired Fashion Company of the Year' – 17TH Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards Future Lifestyle Fashions (FLF) was awarded the Most Admired Fashion Company of the Year award, at the India Fashion Forum.
- Awards for Retail Excellence, Retail Marketing Campaign of the Year Brand Factory's Marketing Campaign for its 'Free Shopping Weekend' was awardedthe Retail Marketing Campaign of the Year 2017 award.